Getting off the plane in the dead of winter was a bit shocking but it is BEAUTIFUL here. I have been staying with a friend that studied abroad at Wilmington last year because not many students have moved in to where I am staying this semester. So far I have visited some amazing beaches: Caves beach, Hyams Beach in Jervis Bay NSW, Fairy Meadows and a couple of others I can't remember the name. Caves beach is amazing. There is a spot called the lookout that that walks out over the mountain and looks over the beach. It is absolutely breath taking to see mountains and beach in the same view. We walked down on to the beach and went in to some of the shallow caves that you can find in the cliff walls. Hyams Beach was unlike anything I have ever seen. It is a huge tourist attraction because it is in the record books for having the whitest and finest sand in the world. You could pick your feet almost completely up and the sand would still squeak as you walk because it is so fine. And the water was crystal blue. The only thing that came close to comparing this beach to would be the Bahamas but still, this beach blew that out of the water (..AND it is only about 45 minutes from where I live now!). Fairy Meadows beach is about a 5 minute walk from my dorm room. It is of course beautiful like every Australian beach but it is known for its light house on the point. There is also a running track that stretches for miles along the entire beach that follows all its twists and turns (I can't wait to run that!) I went to my friend's hometown in Nowra NSW where he showed me around his farm. He had sheep, cows, horses, chickens…the whole nine yards, even kangaroo! So, over all I have had a blast and still can't get over how beautiful everything is and that this is my new home. I am currently in Sydney visiting a friend from home who is on study abroad as well. We plan to do some traveling around the city tomorrow. I will get more settled when I officially move in to my place when orientation week comes around and I look forward to talking to everybody more then.
Much love!
Ps- I ate kangaroo the other night. AMAZING! (we even cooked it our self!)
No comments:
Post a Comment